Monday, February 14, 2011

General Questions

I do have a few questions, but the most important question I have is: How do you have a working game already? I would like to know who coded the game and I would also like to see the code if possible. I realize that most I-Phone games are coded in the programming language "Objective C" but I would like to see how the game was structured and organized.
Instead of making a brand new game, I would like to see how the "prototype" that you showed today was made. It would really help as far as design decisions are concerned. We might even encounter some of the same problems that the original coders faced.
I look forward to hearing from you guys soon about this because I plan to start creating a working prototype tomorrow. If there is any additional contact information that you want to give, just forward it to my gmail account.
Thanks,
Jonathan Lee: Team R Leader

5 comments:

  1. I actually coded the game we showed you on monday using actionscript. It's my understanding that you guys will be using java. The organization of my code is pretty sloppy and because it's in a different language I'm not sure it would be of much help. If you have an issue programming any specific element of the game I can show you how I tackled that particular part if you'd like and we can go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I will ask later about any design problems that we may face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you go about storing the food objects in the grid? We are thinking of storing them in separate array lists, but there can be a lot of complications for going about implementing that. So I would like to know how you went about storing and handling the food objects. Sorry if some of that doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I stored the food objects in arrays (columns) within an array. I don't know if it was the best way to handle organizing them, but it worked for my purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. A two-dimensional array. Alright, that was what we figured we'd do, but it seemed a little cumbersome so we thought you might've done it a simpler way. Thanks. If we do find out a better way, then we'll make sure to notify you, but so far it looks like a two-dimensional array list is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete